I love travelling. Though happiness is arriving safely at the destination, the journey in between is equally entertaining. I love to observe people and now that I travel a lot to and from home, I get lot of opportunities to do that. From the journeys I have undertaken, I have identified and categorized people into few categories. Here are few of them.
1. The Sleepyheads: They sleep throughout the journey, without even waking up in between, as if the bus/train is the most comfortable place on earth to sleep. They make you believe in Kumbhakaran.
2. The Loudspeakers: They act like the bus/train is their home and keep talking at the top of their voice. Sometimes I wonder why do they even use phone! Their voice is loud enough for the person on the other end of the call to hear them without the phone!
3. The Frowning Grandparents: They frown upon every behaviour of you. Sit with cross legged, they have a problem. Speak on the phone, they have a problem. Laugh out loud, they have a problem. Basically everything you do irritates them. Of course they will say ‘Kids in this generation have no manners!’
4. Nosy Co-passengers: They need all your stories. Who are you, who your parents are, who their parents are, what they did, why you are traveling, how is everything at home. At the end of the Journey, they would have collected enough information to write your biography!
5. Love Birds: They are lost in their own happy bubble, whispering to each other. They don’t care who is sitting around or where they are, to them their world is the only one that exists. But it seems good as long as that is the case. Because, once they start fighting, it gets embarrassing to hear!
6. The Magicians: They can conjure up anything from their bag. Anything! Food, books, knife, towels, snacks, toys, first aid kit, they have it all in their bag! The oh so well prepared people.
7. The Irresponsible Parents: I hate these people a lot. I know I shouldn’t say that, it’s rude. But I have seen people who are so reckless. Handover the kid to the co-passenger and go to sleep. If the kid is crying, ignore them and chat on the phone. The whole bus looks to see what is happening and they are least bothered! The kid does what it wants and I will do what I want will be their attitude!
8. Angry Birds: No journey is complete without these people. Some or the other irritated soul will be there in the bus/train. They just need a small trigger and they will start fighting, calling your Mom, sister and every other relative of yours in their abusive words.
9. The Dreamers: I belong to this category. Pick a window seat, plug in the earphones, switch on the music, ignore the surroundings and go to your own dream world. You will never know when the journey ends.
So these were some of the people I encountered during my journeys. Do you have more to add? Which among these are you? Let me know in the comments.
PS: Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2017. If you are participating too, please leave a link to your blog in the comments.
Until the next post,
Keep Smiling 🙂