I wasn’t an introvert all my life. I remember being an extrovert during my childhood. I couldn’t sit alone in one place, I couldn’t hold back the ideas I got and I always wished to be surrounded by people. I was hyper active for my age and it used to be so difficult for Mom to control me sometimes.
Now that I think of it, it feels like a different lifetime altogether. I am now exactly the opposite of what I used to be before. And it was only when I started blogging that I realised there is a name for us – introverts. I kind of took an instant liking to the world. It was so comfortable to know I wasn’t the only one of a kind – a faulty piece. No. There are many people out there like me and I do belong to that herd.
Now that I know I am not some kind of specimen, it feels good to talk about my herd 😛
- If you feel we are choosy, then maybe we are. We don’tmake friends easily. Picking a friend is harder than deciding which smartphone is best or which company’s stock should we invest on. So if an introvert chooses you as a friend, be happy that you have passed the most difficult test 😉
- Parties with half of the town invited is definitely not our idea of fun. It’s sheer torture to keep smiling and mingle with unknown people. Don’t force us to attend such event. You will never know how hard we will pray for the party to get cancelled somehow.
- Alone time is not boring. Books are definitely not boring. If you see us sitting in a corner, reading a book and think of cheering us up because we are bored, Don’t!! Unless you want to get smacked on your face, never ever disturb our ME time!
- Just because we are quiet, doesn’t mean we are bored or hurt. We appear silent but inside our head, there will be millions of thoughts running, including how to punch you if you keep insisting we speak up!
- Just because we are quiet, don’t assume we know nothing. Introverts are great at observing. It is just we don’t feel the need to speak for about anything and everything!
- Public speaking? What is that? No way, you must be kidding! Don’t ever dare bring out that topic again!
- Writing is our greatest strength. While speaking seems a nightmare, writing comes more naturally to most of the introverts.
- Once you befriend an introvert and they get comfortable with you, then God bless your soul! Because who appeared to be the most silent person in the world is about to become the most craziest person in the world. Yeah, you are in for many more surprises.
That was about introverts. So, are you an introvert or an extrovert? How comfortable are you in your own shoes?
PS: Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2017. If you are participating too, please leave a link to your blog in the comments.
Until the next post,
Keep Smiling 🙂