Great Indian Sale

1. Bellybytes says:

What I find most amusing is that both the groom and bride are referred to as the ‘boy” and ‘girl’ even though they are well into adulthood!
    Bellybytes recently posted…Gorgeous Gara & Graceful Georgette #AtoZChallenge 2017My Profile

2. HA HA HA!!!! This is a hilarious take on the Indian marriage as tackled by the well meaning relatives! Great post Swathi

Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
    G is for Grape Stomping in Bangalore #atozchallenge
    SHALINI BAISIWALA recently posted…[G] Grapestomping |#atozchallenge 2017|My Profile

3. As a guy who’s not a big fan of horoscopes, I have watched my parents adamantly push for it even when no compatibility exists at all. Those stars can be a major pain in the ass if they match. Sadly, the converse holds true if they dont match for couples in love too, I guess πŸ™
    Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…Greg Peppin is a Shining Example of Humanity #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

oh the match making aunties… they always have some distant relative’s cousin’s brother ready for an unmarried girl πŸ˜€ It’s like they are walking talking bharat matrimony πŸ˜€ You are going to have some fun soon πŸ˜›
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Yogasana: The Eagle Stance #atozchallengeMy Profile

Oh, I was expecting the other sale. LOL πŸ˜€
    Though personally, I dont have any experience in this sale but have seen it happening for a few cousins.
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…Gambling #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

6. I feel you! Going through that phase you know! If ever visit any of relatives house, the only question they ask is “When are you getting married?” That is so annoying!
    All the best to not getting sold out until you are ready to πŸ˜›
    Reema D’souza recently posted…#AtoZChallenge : GraduationMy Profile

7. Cathy Graham says:

The whole idea of these arranged marriages is certainly foreign to me in Canada. I remember in the early 1980s I had a friend in Montreal who came from Indian to marry her Indian husband who now lived in Canada. They had never even met. I thought that was very brave of her. I take it you don’t take too kindly to the arranged marriage tradition, Swathi? I don’t think I would be either.
    Cathy Graham recently posted…G is for GUILT #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

8. Kaddu says:

Hahaha! I instantly thought of “marriage” when I read your post title!
    I’ll be forty next year, so I’m past my “expiry date”! πŸ˜›
    No neighborhood aunties trying to sell me out anymore! πŸ˜€
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Happiness: G – Gratitude #atozchallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

9. Nibha Gupta says:

Oh! Just don’t get me started on this! I am so damn frustrated with this whole wedding talk! I wonder how someone’s marriage can be someone else’s life’s mission!
    Nibha Gupta recently posted…(G)ift Of Life #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

10. Vinodini says:

Oh, I’m done with those aunties for life! We have so many of those around us. Hilarious post, this was. πŸ˜€
    Vinodini recently posted…Setting Goals #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

11. Geets says:

It happens all the time. And with boys, it’s more like he should have more options to choose from.. as if we’re talking about some dishes that he has to try and select the one that he likes the most!

Anything related to marriage in our country is simply hopeless… talk about aunties and they will have all the stories to tell! There are so many notions that prevail around us that need immediate stop!

Geets recently posted…G- Grow UpMy Profile

12. Sreesha says:

Argh! Don’t get me started. That’s all I’m gonna say :@ :@
    More than the aunties, it’s parents who need to chill. Aunties too, but if parents hit the brakes, the aunties would lose interest soon.
    Sreesha recently posted…Happiness | #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

13. Anmol Rawat says:

You really had me with the title. I thought I have landed on a wrong blog πŸ˜€ Hilarious post and totally to the point. I agree with Sreesha here, even parents need to chill a bit, there are so many other things to do in life as well.
    Anmol Rawat recently posted…HellboundMy Profile

14. Tell me about it! We once had a prospect for my sister and the would be MIL gave us a ‘list’ of gold and silver items they wanted us to give them during the wedding. That was the last we saw of them!
    shubhangi srikanth recently posted…H – 5 ways to find Happiness!My Profile

15. Parul Thakur says:

Such a sad thing and I feel so angry with how the elders are first after our lives to get married and then to have babies πŸ™ It’s like quicksand.
    Luckily for me, I had found VT or the other way round, so I wasn’t put up in the market. If I was, I would have preferred to stay single.
    Parul Thakur recently posted…H for Heaven and Hell #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

16. Vidya Sury says:

So funny! What an apt analogy, Swathi! Big weddings and rituals are boring!
    Vidya Sury recently posted…How to Train a Wild Elephant #AtoZChallengeMy Profile