Unfaithful Love!

1. even the mere thought of burning my dairy scares me so much!!
    I really liked the way you personified dairy, the faithful confidante!! 🙂

2. Kajal Kapur says:

This kind of brought back some memories…I've done this!

3. Beloo Mehra says:

I think this thought has crossed the minds of many who keep a diary, especially when they get to a certain age in life…what if it reaches the hands of someone you don't want to see it? what happens to it when I am gone, etc etc…A very good take on the prompt.

4. Lisa says:

Beloo, I have to agree with your comment! How many of us have burned our diaries? I have, but my mother didn't and when she died there was a diary for every year from when she was 16 to 78!!!

5. I have my diaries going back 30 years x

6. Haha. You had me going. I thought she was a murderess.

7. Shilpa Gupte says:

My first best friend…my diary!

8. I couldn't ever burn my diary! I'll hid it underground or give it to the pigeons to fly away with, but the thought of burning it brings me down!

9. Poor diary! I would never burn mine though!

10. Pheno Menon says:

The thought of burning any book whether it is a diary or anything else is sacrilegious..

PhenoMenon

11. Sophie Bowns says:

This was a great little extract.
    I can never stick to writing a diary!- Whoops.

12. K R Smith says:

I can understand her tears! She must have had some very dark secrets! Very nice. Writing drabbles to exactly 100 (or 50 or whatever limit is requested) is difficult enough, but to make it a FSF challenge is doubly hard!

13. Hahaha! I thought murder most foul…but killing one's own diary…is a little like purging one's self of the thoughts and words of the past. An eradication of the old self to possibly make way for new and different things? A bold move of a determined person.

what had to be done..had to be done. Sometimes diaries remind u of a past that needs to be burnt down.

15. aww.. the secrets.. gone with the wind! penned to perfection, swathi!

oh dear, poor diary. That was a very drastic step. I guess the secrets will remain locked in her mind now.

17. Anmol Rawat says:

I have not burned but have teared apart the pages of my diary. Since then, I have not maintained any diary 🙂

18. You personified the diary so well! 🙂

19. That must have been so painful.

20. sulekkha says:

Burning diaries takes courage, I can't burn mine. Liked the interesting story you wrote.

21. I used to delete my blog posts that were rants and I stopped doing that. After a while it just seemed I needed to be able to go and look back and remember how I felt then, as opposed to how I feel about it now. These days when I feel a particular rant needs to be silenced and made not public, I tend to just make it private, rather than deleting it.

I love the picture your post paints in my mind and what it brought to the forefront for me.

22. SG says:

Better to be safe and burn the damn diary.

23. I cannot fathom a book burning, no less a diary.
    Why end a relationship like that?
    Where does the living one go after ending a relationship like that?
    Intimacy and Intimate knowledge cannot be destroyed like that.
    You have obviously upset me.
    Nice job.
    Randy

24. Richa Singh says:

Ohh how nice. An interesting twist in the end 🙂

Richa

The last line is fab ….so is the tale 🙂

26. a diary can be a dangerous tool. One can pour out their emotions on the blank pages but if it gets into the wrong hands……………..

27. Yes, been there, done that!

that cruel girl!! i so hate her!!

29. Anupat G says:

Quite a different take on the prompt! The talk with the diary is really touching!