If I Weren’t Afraid!

1. Kathy Widenhouse says:

Some people would claim that you are courageous because you write, putting your heart into words and online! Which shows that our fears are unique to each of us.

2. Anna Jeanine says:

Hi Swathi! Yes, it absolutely would be awesome if we could all release those fears!! I love singing, too, but also had fears of audience rejection. So I never became a singer but I did get into karaoke and managed to enjoy that very much.

3. Ruchira Khanna says:

Swathi, Well said!

Fears if identified and then suppressed will make our life so much easy!
    Loved your take!

4. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy says:

I think that sometimes fear can be a good thing as it pushes us to do more.

5. Inderpreet Kaur Uppal says:

Guts and hope will help you overcome your fears. Great post. Hope you keep singing.

6. Anita says:

There is victory after we overcome fears 🙂
    Nicely shared. I can identify with this!

7. Daneshwari Mirji says:

Yes. I too have the fear of speaking in a crowd. In fact, very much. Same here. I too speak out my mind, in my writings!

8. Jaded Rebel says:

Hey swathi 🙂
    I so much relate to this post, like I relate 2 each word of it. Its sad that most often its our fears that govern us while our free will is trashed in some corner. Someday u shall get over all ur fears and shine bright:D

9. Pixie says:

I loved what you have written..
    I should pen down my thoughts too.. ?
    for without fear - I would love to do so many many things!! 🙂

10. Uma says:

You've written almost all that I wrote about and much more fearlessly 🙂 I share all your fears here and hope that one day I'll conquer all.

11. KParthasarathi says:

Doing the right thing you fear most is the only way to overcome the fear.Confront it

12. Eloquent Mind says:

Yes Swathi, it would be a perfect world if we could overcome all our fears and remain confident always. But the existence of fears is what creates a balance and gives us an opportunity to identify ourselves. Nice post and aptly written. Even I feared public speaking (I would run away if I had to sing :D) but once I spoke for a few gatherings, it made me realize - this isn't too bad. 🙂

I fear the dark but I am slowly overcoming it. From sleeping with the lights on to sleeping with the bathroom light on is where I am currently.

14. sulekkha says:

I was pushed on to the stage in college once because I was the understudy and the main actress fell ill at the last minute. There was no looking back after that 🙂 I love interacting with people, singing is something I am yet to do in front of people. Lovely post

15. embarkwithmythoughts says:

Good one Swathi 🙂 Probably, you should start talking on stage about fear ? Yes! It's victory once we overcome fear..

16. Nabanita says:

I think this is a fear we all share…And yes one surely feels victorious to overcome ones fears… Enjoyed reading this … 🙂

Fearless…

17. Aditi says:

A great prompt no? Can get you into an introspective mood! You should head to a bar and sing karaoke, and overcome your fear of singing! ?

18. Sreeja Praveen says:

Sing your heart out, girl 🙂 Go ahead, and speak up in front of that crowd which intimidates you….. Go go go ahead ! Lovely write up, Swathi 🙂

i share the same fear! i wish i could be more confident and do what my heart really wants!

20. fuchsiaoutbursts says:

If only we could overcome all those things holding us back. Loved your heartfelt post.