The Power of Trying – Bits and Bytes #2

1. Swathy , at the tender age a scolding is a great barrier to try further. But later you perfected your art and it has showed in the subsequent painting.

2. Nibhz says:

I'm glad you didn't back out again else we would have missed an awesome painter amongst us! I miss it myself, I wish I had tried it before giving it up! I know how wonderful it feel to hold a brush! But I'm happy that I revived my lost writing! πŸ™‚

3. Practice reduces the imperfections and makes for better outcome.We can never learn anything except by practice.A nice painting you have made

4. Shailaja V says:

I am no artist. But that painting is one incredible piece of work! I am glad for you that you did not give up.

5. Swati, I love the paintings and also the fact that you chose to write about your unsuccessful attempts earlier. Being a painter myself , I know, the way we come across writers block while writing…same kind of blocks come up while you express through art also.
    But the lesson you learnt is valuable 'Never give up'…it only makes you stronger.

• swathishenoy says:

Thanks a lot Vinodini πŸ™‚ You are a painter too? Wow! Would like to see your paintings πŸ™‚ And you are right about the blocks.. I have experienced them a lot. But patience and practice always helps to overcome them πŸ™‚

awesome!!! Even your first take on the painting is better than everything I have tried ever!
    That was pure determination that brought u here. Awesome!

7. Kajal Kapur says:

Wow, the painiting has come out brilliantly. Swati, thanks for sdharing your story. I guess we all must learn "never to give up". Thanks!

Wow, this post was really inspirational! Never ever give up on anything!

The painting looks beautiful and what matters is that you tried, before anything else.

Keep on trying and try to be the spider of King Bruce! πŸ™‚

9. You are not only a great writer but also a skillful painter.. follow your passion.. And the last line is the most powerful one.. liked this article!! πŸ™‚

10. padmaja says:

Hi Swathi, KP gave me the link to your blog, so glad I visited here today! The final result is looking beautiful! Life is all about trials and errors that pave way for learning to lead a constructive and fruitful life, keep the passion going!

11. Rightly said Swathi. You never know what you can do if you try. Good to see that you didn't give up. And I loved the painting.

12. The first attempt is not bad enough, either. πŸ™‚ Your story is inspiring. πŸ™‚

13. Ankur Anand says:

if this is first attempt painting then u are really good at it !

14. SG says:

I have to admit here. You are an awesome painter in my opinion.

15. Bikram says:

totally understand .. you see i beleive that in the world there are more who have failed then those who succeeded .. in a race out of 8 athletes only one wins.. 7 fail .. that is a huge percentage ..

but then those 7 work hard to try to win again ..

that painting looks very good nad even the first Try looks lovely to me .. because there are millions who cant even do that ..

and I am glad you did not give up and continued …

Bikram

• swathishenoy says:

That is a nice comparison; the story of athletes πŸ™‚
      Thanks a lot Bikram πŸ™‚ Yes, I am glad too that I didn't give up πŸ™‚ And the credits goes to my teacher who believed in me πŸ™‚

16. Good one, Swathi….the painting, and the way you've spoken about it with honesty !