My Role Model

1. That is an excellent tribute to a man of really good nature man and right values.Gone are the days when to be blessed with son was regarded as an asset.People these days cherish daughters for their affection..Nice of him to have showered his affection on you.
    I had visited Bhadravathi many times to the steel plant.
    Best wishes

• swathishenoy says:

True KP 🙂 But there are still a few, who think otherwise about daughters! But I am glad, he didn't feel so 🙂
      Am sure you would have loved your visit to the quiet little place 🙂

2. Oh wow! Well first of all you're lucky! I've never had grandpa around 🙁
    Never had someone elder in the family to guide me too. Well that's a beautiful thing to be disciplined and to be active. Truly a role model in your life 🙂

3. wonderful insight~~

4. Made me miss my maternal grandpa! I lost him last year. Lovely post, Swathi!

5. Th!nker says:

Grandpas are truly awesome!!!
    I share a bitter sweet relationship with him, but I miss him when he is not around!

That was touching, it reminded me of my GrandDad who is now no more with us. He used to fulfill my every wish when I used to visit him

7. Ankur Anand says:

lovely post .. great to know some bonding !

8. SG says:

Your grandpa is an angel. Please convey my regards to him.

9. Beloo Mehra says:

That's a heart-felt writeup about your grandpa. You are lucky to have him around. I am reminded of my nanaji as I read this…he too was such a gentle soul, patient and almost godlike. Well done, Swathi!

10. I've never seen my maternal grandpa ( he passed away when my mom was 6 years old), but I was fortunate to have my paternal grandpa with us for 26 years of my life. The lessons I've learnt from him are precious ! You just reminded me of him.
    Special appreciation to you, for having shared this piece of your life here:)

• swathishenoy says:

Thanks a lot Sreeja 🙂
      Lessons learnt from grand parents are precious right? You were luck indeed to have your paternal grandpa around, who loved you 🙂

11. B says:

WOW… this brought memories .. sadly both my grandpa's have passed away and they were both my role modles .. my Dadu was a city guy , high official who had people running around him and coule get anything down with the snap of this fingers .. and my nanu was entirely opposite very simple a farmer

I am what I am because of all the love and affection showered upon me by them both

Bikram

• swathishenoy says:

Woah! That was such a contrast between both! I am sure you got to learn a lot about 2 different worlds from them 🙂 Grand parents really mould our lives a lot, isn't it?
      Thanks for sharing your story 🙂 Though am sorry for your loss 🙁

12. truly amazing 🙂 long live ur granpa 🙂

13. Ananya Tales says:

Such a beautiful post Swathi and here is the post in reply for your award nomination http://www.ananyatales.com/2014/05/reader-appreciation-award.html

14. sadiya says:

Truly touching :-),,,,,,,,, lucky u r to have such a adept persona in ur lyf,, ,,,,,,,,, long live grandpa,,,,,,,,,,, 😛