Freedom – Five Sentence Fiction #6

1. yay d bird is free 🙂

2. You left out a detail which might have made it MORE COMPLETE.
    True he did let her out of the golden cage which held her food and water. He now allowed her to have the FREEDOM of the room with its closed door and windows, where she could always fly back to the comforts and safety of her cage. To have allowed her TOTAL FREEDOM might have ended her life shortly. WELL DONE !!! I'd love to read your comment on my endeavor for this week.

• swathishenoy says:

You are right robin. That might have been more complete when the bird loved him back. But since it didnt, the only freedom it would desire was to fly free. That's how i thought. Thanks for ur insight 🙂

This was lovely. This reminded me of my dad getting me a parrot and then letting it go because he felt it was crying :P…Then I cried!

4. SG says:

Beautiful.

5. cshowers says:

What a beautiful picture of freedom. 🙂

6. The comfort of gilded cage or the spaciousness of a large room bounded by walls would never give the sense of freedom as flying into the unrestricted open space.
    You seem an expert in crafting very nice five sentence stories

7. Beautiful. To leave the comfort, security and food is difficult but yes freedom is more important.

8. Ah! The sense of freedom!

Well written! 🙂

9. I like your blog so I am nominating you for the Liebster award.
    Please check my post for the details.

10. Namrata says:

It may be pathetic to let someone you love go like this, isn't it the true comperehension of love. Very beautifully written…: )

Lovely story… i loved the concept! Freedom is of utmost happiness to everyone!

12. Shailaja V says:

Oh this is simply beautiful! What a lovely ending 🙂 Perfect piece, Swathi!

13. I love how this can be symbolic for much more than a bird's freedom, lovely!